We are looking for a talented and skilled Mill Operator to join our multicultural and diverse team in Kuwait. You will be responsible for mill train set-up and online adjustment that ensures the achievement of standard stock profile in the mill line and a finished product that conforms to the physical requirements set by the Quality Assurance Department.
Duties may include but will not be limited to:
- Performs size and/or section change activities based on the designated work schedule.
- Performs pass or cassette change in between operations as the Production Supervisor directs; actions may include pass grinding, pass welding and pass burning.
- Performs replacement of entry and/or delivery guides when the current guide/s was deemed unstable or damaged.
- Disposal of crop cuts from shear 1 and shear 2 crop buckets.
- Checking of samples at the first billet of every charge number for inspection and subsequent information to the Main Pulpit.
- Monitors mill performance by observing stock behaviour.
- Stock measurement and control of stocks by adjustment of roll gap and/or guides.
- Monitors mill equipment and informs the Production Supervisor of any abnormalities.
- Clearing and disposal of cobbles