We are looking for a talented and skilled Department Head of Reliability to join our multicultural and diverse team in Kuwait. Responsible for overseeing the implementation of a work class maintenance management system and strategy to optimize equipment efficiency and reliability across the company. The focus will be to reduce overall costs and ensure product quality and an uninterrupted flow of products between operations and the customer.
Duties may include but will not be limited to:
- Serve as the primary leader, in collaboration with the senior operating team, for company-wide maintenance reliability initiatives. Do this by defining the appropriate maintenance and reliability processes and best practices and driving the required continuous improvement mindset and cultural behaviours.
- Establish standard maintenance planning and scheduling processes to increase reliability and maximize efficiency (OEE). Standardize these processes across all operations.
- Manage effective critical spare part and Maintenance Repair Operations (MRO) inventory systems which support corporate and plant objectives. Ensure these processes are standardized across all operations.
- Work with procurement and other partners to build and leverage relationships with strategic vendors to foster partnerships based on trust and respect.
- Establish plant-level KPI’s and routinely monitor results and communicate progress against objectives. Strive to improve these metrics through education, collaboration, & teamwork.
- Monitor MRO spending at sites and collaborate with plant-level maintenance teams to manage spending to budget and ensure that expenditures are being made prudently with long-term costs and benefits in mind.
Desired Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Deep technical knowledge of the equipment is required from a mechanical, electrical and controls perspective. A highly collaborative leadership style is also required.
- Skilled at leading and influencing others.
- Skilled at communicating at different levels of the organization from front-line shop floor employees to senior management.
- A patient and keen listener, able to engage and relate to employees on the manufacturing shop floor.
- Able to assess talent and culture in a manufacturing environment to support team building and CI.
- Able to simplify complex tasks and concepts when presenting them to key stakeholders with varying skills and knowledge with the intent of securing their alignment, and support in advance of executing final plans.
- Exposure to and a general understanding of supply chains, cost structures, and other manufacturing business aspects.
- Management of multiple locations using financial, organizational & administrative planning skills.
- Ability to lead and promote teamwork in multiple locations across all functions