We are looking for a talented and skilled Machinist to join our multicultural and diverse team in Kuwait. You will be responsible for ensuring sufficient support to all departments regarding the supply of fabrication and machining of spares.
Duties may include but will not be limited to:
- Receives instruction from the Machine shop In-charge regarding work assignments and job priorities and also receives manufacturing drawings, sketches and samples of assignment works.
- Perform duties assigned to Centralize Maintenance Department in any plant of Kuwait Steel.
- Turns over or confers with an incoming machinist to relay instructions and pertinent information relative to the assigned job.
- Interprets and analyzes manufacturing drawings and sketches to visualize the shape and configuration of the parts to be processed.
- Manipulates the parameters of built-in interactive software programs to perform the machining of mechanical parts. Responsible for encoding values, retrieving, safekeeping and activating such programs.
- Asses the machining processes required for the job against the capacity and capability of the assigned machine; taking into account the safety of the machine. Refers to or alerts the Machine shop In-charge on borderline cases wherein the load pose hazard or may cause potential damage to the machine.
- Initiates interventions on controls during program run as needed to normalize operation or protect the machine, tooling and workpiece from damage.
- Perform in-process and final machining inspections such as taking precision dimensional measurements, measuring alignments/eccentricity of parts, and checking machined surfaces to detect material flaws such as cracks and dimensional minimum limits.
- Conduct detailing and lay outing works of complex/intricate components in the course of the job or as requested.