We are seeking a talented and skilled EAF LF Operator to join our multicultural and diverse team in Kuwait. You will be responsible for performing day-to-day activities related to electric arc furnace (EAF) operation including preparation and maintaining a safe working environment and reporting unsafe conditions. Additionally, you will perform related activities for process improvement as directed by your immediate superior.
Duties may include but will not be limited to:
- Performing all the activities related to scrap car transferring, scrap preparation, material addition in the bucket, material arrangement purging exercise, and preheating activity.
- Performing the visual inspection of the shell bottom, temperature measurement, EBT flapper monitoring (during closing).
- Fire watch of surroundings (Roof gantry, Tilting Cylinders, settling chamber and materials area) during EAF process and tapping.
- They are reporting to EAF supervisor for material issuances as per the stock availability at the shop floor.
- Perform cleaning of rail tracks, scrap car, ladle car scrap charging area, tapping pit trench, electrode stands, and walkways.
- Monitor for scrap spillages around the furnace & shell rim cleaning and any leftover scrap hanging in the bucket.
- Preparation for Tapping activities like ladle availability, preheater activity, ladle condition, manual tapping additions, ladle car rails, tapping pit condition, and tapping. Inspection of purging lines, walkway movement, lancing pipes, and holders.