We are looking for a talented and skilled Mechanical Fitter to join our multicultural and diverse team in Kuwait. The Mechanical fitter prepares all necessary spares and performs off-line repair works of equipment & components. Supports maintenance objectives of optimum equipment reliability, availability, and safety at minimum cost through excellent workmanship and efficient use of spare.
Duties may include but will not be limited to:
- Repairs damaged or defective equipment, assemblies, and sub-assemblies in the whole plant like gearboxes, air blowers, compressors, overhead cranes, centrifugal pumps, sump pumps, various rollers and gear motors using wrenches, hammers, spanners, specialized tools and instruments during breakdown and mill shutdown…
- Perform preventive maintenance activities like periodic servicing, cleaning, bolt tightening of binding machines, cold shear, overhead cranes, condition-based/tonnage-based replacement of knives, push rods, troughs, rollers, conveyors, cylinders, wire ropes, bearings, and others.
- Perform maintenance activities during roughing change, size change & mill breakdown when needed.
- Prepare the necessary spares needed for the mechanical maintenance department.
- Attending breakdowns and minimizing delays and unplanned shutdowns and conducting delay analysis.
- Reconditions all hydraulics and pneumatics cylinders using applicable repair kits
- Maintains overhead cranes by condition-based replacement of wire ropes, wheels, and brake elements and fixed-time servicing of the crane’s moving rotating parts.
- Aligns machines and equipment using precision instruments, i.e., SKF Laser alignment tool, dial gauge indicator, Vernier callipers, and micrometres.
- Pulls out and replaces various types of flexible and rigid couplings of DC Drive Motors, cooling bed drive shafts, and various rotating parts.