Responsible for the continuous flow and delivery of rebar materials from the cooling bed entry lifting apron roller table until the evacuation/unloading area by preventing or responding to possible causes of interruption. Ensures in-process product coming from the mill line conforms to the set standard through regular physical in-process checking and inspection. Responsible for obtaining rebar samples for QA testing. Responsible for securing correct number of bars per bundle is achieved per the set standard.
Responsible for the removal and segregation of non-standard length bars (short bars) and defective bars from getting into the prime bundles. Responsible for keeping all Finishing End area equipment and its sub-units free from any obstruction that can hamper operational continuity and bar counting efficiency. Responsible for manual bundling and turn-over of good short bars as well as the transfer of scrap materials generated.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitors all sections of the Finishing End Area to prevent stoppages cause by undershoot and overshoot of bars, bar spreading, bent bars, bar misalignment, bar overlaps, bar stuck, short bars, bar looping, etc. Removes remnant tails of bars after cold shear cutting cycles, if any.
- Performs bundle tagging and ocular inspection in the bundles for short bar inclusion and/or presence of oil stains and other bar defects. Secures that no bundle is lifted by the overhead crane unless inspected for compliance.
- Performs in-process testing and inspection of rebar based on documented procedures. Obtains rebar samples for QA mechanical testing. Coordinates with Pulpit Operator and/or Cold Shear Operators regarding cut length, bar appearance and other operational concern feedbacks.
- Responsible for the disposal of bar ends and crop deposits accumulated in the cold shears’ scrap buckets and ensures constant availability of empty buckets in all designated areas at all times.
- Periodic relieving of CSBM Operators whenever these operators are pre-occupied and/or engaged in other operational matters. Responsible for manual operation and intervention in the bundling machine local control desk whenever necessary.
- Responsible for maintaining cleanliness, orderliness, and good housekeeping in the entire Finishing End Area.