We are seeking for a talented and exceptionally skilled Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor to join our multicultural and diverse team in Kuwait. Reporting to the Chief Engineer of Mechanical & Utility, you will be monitoring and controlling day to day shift activities, repairs, attending planned and unplanned shutdowns. Inspection and maintenance of EAF/LF/CCM/ EOT Cranes / RMHS /FTP/ Fans/Pumps/Air Compressors. Assisting his superior in finalizing jobs for planned maintenance day, annual shutdowns and controlling the same to complete within the time schedule.
Duties may include but will not be limited to:
- Closely supervising, executing and controlling the maintenance activities (preventive and corrective maintenance) with assistance from Hydraulic & Pneumatic Specialist, Mechanical Technician, and Welder as per PM work orders from SAP
- Inspection of responsible / allocated area equipment, reporting any major abnormality to the higher level and recording it in the logbook and check lists of SAP
- Execution of corrective action to eliminate the identified abnormalities with assistance from Hydraulic & Pneumatic Specialist, Mechanical Technician, Welder
- Attending breakdowns, minimizing delays and unplanned shutdowns.
- Implementing the instructions from the management.
- Coordinating with other departments and working as a team.
- Carrying-out daily shift activities and follow-through the problems.
- Proper maintenance of equipment / facilities and carrying out repair works and keeping spares ready.
- Studying the system / equipment drawings, selecting proper tools for special / critical jobs, safekeeping and working effectively to reduce the maintenance cost.
- Responsible to have proper housekeeping and cleaning of Equipment, tools and work areas and cleaning of equipment areas after any maintenance job.
- Following rules & regulations of the company, such as company annual leave, medical leave, working hours, shift schedule, off days and safety instructions and also the rules specified by the Authority / Ministry.
- Performs other tasks and duties that maybe assigned by his superior.
DESIRED JOB QUALIFICATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
At least a Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering
Ability to read Mechanical drawings, knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, bearings, machine alignments. Good knowledge in the maintenance and troubleshooting of EAF/ LF/ CCM/ EOT Cranes/ Raw material handling systems/FTP/ Fans/Pumps/Air Compressors etc.
At least 6-8 years in Maintenance department carrying out maintenance jobs in a similar size steel plant or Metallurgical / Heavy industries.